Following a tip, the Malawi Revenue Authority (MRA), on Thursday, 30th July, 2020, conducted a search at Mr. Peter Mukhito’s residence in Lilongwe for suspected tax evasion involving motor vehicles. The search has resulted in the detention of seven (7) motor vehicles pending production of Customs clearance documentation.
The following are the details of the detained motor vehicles:
1. Toyota Land Cruiser (VX8), registration number BW 6060.
2. Range Rover - No number plate.
3. Toyota Land Cruiser (VX8) - No number plate.
4. Mercedes Benz, registration number CPM 2.
5. VW Passat, registration number CP 7074.
6. Toyota Fortuner, registration number MH 950.
7. Bentley, registration number FW16LS-GP.
The detained motor vehicles are being kept at MRA offices while the Authority conducts further investigations. The Authority is calling all people who have information on any suspected tax evasion to share it through Tip-Offs Anonymous line 847 or submit tips to any MRA offices across Malawi.